HRANA News Agency – Ali Kab Aamir, 17, from Kian Abad in Ahvaz was arrested by the Ahvaz intelligence office at his house. The hand of the teenager broke while being arrested as a result of his resistance and protest of his family. It is said that his mother was shocked and is hospitalized due to her critical condition.
CHRI - Former political activist Majid Asadi has been detained without charge in Evin Prison's Ward 209 under the control of Iran's Intelligence Ministry since February 2017, the Center for Human Rights in Iran (CHRI) has learned.
RFL/RE - Iran's hard-line judiciary has sentenced the daughter of late Iranian President Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani to jail for "spreading propaganda against the regime," Iranian news media reported on March 17.
Iranhumanrights.org - Ehsan Mazandarani Starts Hunger Strike
Reformist editor Ehsan Mazandarani was shocked with a Taser stun gun while being returned to Evin Prison in Tehran by agents of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps' (IRGC) Intelligence Organization on March 11, 2017, less than a month after he was released.
thetower.org -A dual American-Iranian citizen and his wife have been sentenced to death by an Iranian court after being convicted of founding a "cult" and "holding mixed parties" that involved serving alcohol, the Financial Times reported Sunday.
RFL/RE - The son of a detained Iranian opposition leader has been sentenced to six months in jail on charges of distributing propaganda against the government, his family and Iranian state media said on March 13.
Al-Arabia - A jailed US-Iranian and his wife have been formally charged with hosting parties in Tehran, while another couple were given the death penalty for running a ''cult'', the Tehran prosecutor said Monday.
RFL/RE - A university professor has been arrested in Iran for allegedly insulting religious sanctities, an official said.
Iranhumanrights.org - Former political prisoner Majid Asadi was arrested at his home in Karaj, west of Tehran, and taken to Evin Prison on February 21, 2017 by "unidentified agents who did not show a warrant," an informed source told the Campaign for Human Rights in Iran.
- Ahmad Montazeri, Son Of Top Iranian Dissident Cleric, Taken Into Custody
- Revolutionary Guards Try to Silence US-Based Iranian Dissident by Arresting Her Sister
- Iran sentences man to 10 years for espionage
- Iran: man and woman sentenced to death by stoning
- In Iran, From Prison to Exile for Posting Jokes on Facebook
- Iranian-Dutch Dual National and Dissident Imprisoned in Tehran Denied Medical Care
- Iran’s Intelligence Ministry Arrests Mother of Green Movement Gunshot Victim
- Revolutionary Guards Arrest Former Reformist MP’s Sister on Unspecified “Security Charges”
- Revolutionary Court Sentences More Than 70 Iranians to Prison for Celebrating “Cyrus Day”
- Iran: Six Prisoners Hanged For Drug Charges
Page 1 of 51