RFL/RE - Iran's hard-line judiciary has sentenced the daughter of late Iranian President Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani to jail for "spreading propaganda against the regime," Iranian news media reported on March 17.
Iranhumanrights.org - Ehsan Mazandarani Starts Hunger Strike
Reformist editor Ehsan Mazandarani was shocked with a Taser stun gun while being returned to Evin Prison in Tehran by agents of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps' (IRGC) Intelligence Organization on March 11, 2017, less than a month after he was released.
thetower.org -A dual American-Iranian citizen and his wife have been sentenced to death by an Iranian court after being convicted of founding a "cult" and "holding mixed parties" that involved serving alcohol, the Financial Times reported Sunday.
RFL/RE - The son of a detained Iranian opposition leader has been sentenced to six months in jail on charges of distributing propaganda against the government, his family and Iranian state media said on March 13.
Al-Arabia - A jailed US-Iranian and his wife have been formally charged with hosting parties in Tehran, while another couple were given the death penalty for running a ''cult'', the Tehran prosecutor said Monday.
RFL/RE - A university professor has been arrested in Iran for allegedly insulting religious sanctities, an official said.
Iranhumanrights.org - Former political prisoner Majid Asadi was arrested at his home in Karaj, west of Tehran, and taken to Evin Prison on February 21, 2017 by "unidentified agents who did not show a warrant," an informed source told the Campaign for Human Rights in Iran.
RFL/RE - The son of one of the founding fathers of Iran's Islamic republic has been arrested to serve a six-year prison sentence for releasing a decades-old audio tape in which his father denounced the mass executions of political prisoners in 1988.
Iranhumanrights.org - Leila Haghighatjou, the sister of Fatemeh Haghighatjou, an outspoken critic of the Islamic Republic, was arrested by the Revolutionary Guards to intimidate the former member of Parliament, an informed source told the Campaign for Human Rights in Iran.
- Iran sentences man to 10 years for espionage
- Iran: man and woman sentenced to death by stoning
- In Iran, From Prison to Exile for Posting Jokes on Facebook
- Iranian-Dutch Dual National and Dissident Imprisoned in Tehran Denied Medical Care
- Iran’s Intelligence Ministry Arrests Mother of Green Movement Gunshot Victim
- Revolutionary Guards Arrest Former Reformist MP’s Sister on Unspecified “Security Charges”
- Revolutionary Court Sentences More Than 70 Iranians to Prison for Celebrating “Cyrus Day”
- Iran: Six Prisoners Hanged For Drug Charges
- Iran detains 120 people in a coffee shop in downtown Tehran
- Prominent Iranian Lawyer, Writers Arrested With "Overwhelming Force" at Chain Murders Commemoration
Page 1 of 50