HRANA News Agency – Valiullah Vaziri, transsexual resident of Galikesh in Golestan province who had been collectively raped, was ridiculed after going to the police. After protests from this citizen to their disregard, he was detained and transferred to general crime prison in Gonbad-e-Kawoos.
Iran Human Rights - Iranian authorities hanged two prisoners in public on Wednesday August 17.
Iran Human Rights - An Iranian official source has confirmed the execution of three young Ahwazi Arab men from the province of Khuzestan (western Iran).
HRANA News Agency – Misagh Yazdannejad, former political prisoner was sentenced to 5 years in prison in a new case. He had been released in May after serving 9 years.
HRANA News Agency – Following the protests in various cities of Azerbaijan and Ardebil provinces in reaction to the article published in the newspaper of “Tarhe No” and the continuation of the protests in recent days, a wave of arrests of protesters in various cities including Tabriz and Ardebil continued by arresting at least three other civilians. At the same time one person was summoned to the police station in Urmia, and in Tabriz, intelligence agents were unsuccessful in their attempt to arrest two others.
HRANA News Agency – Mehdi Houshmand and Reza Vahdat, both from Ardebil were arrested while being beaten by intelligence agents.
HRANA News Agency – Following the rally in various cities in Azerbaijan and Ardabil provinces in protest to the article in the “Tarhe No” newspaper and the continuation of the protests, the wave of arresting Turkish (Azeri) activists in various cities including Tabriz, Urmia, Khoy, Maragheh, Zanjan, Ardabil and Tehran continued by the arrest of 24 others on July 28.
RFL/RE - A British-Iranian aid worker detained since early April and accused of trying to overthrow Iran's government has appeared in Tehran's Revolutionary Court for the first time, her family said on August 2.
HRANA News Agency – Following the gathering of a group of citizens of Tabriz in protest to the published article in the “Tarhe No” newspaper, a number of protesters were arrested and transferred to an unknown location. Reports indicate the widespread presence of troops and anti-riot vehicles in the city.
- 6 Civil Activists Sentenced to Imprisonment in Gachsaran
- Islamic state of Iran arrests 150 children for attending MIXED SEX birthday party
- Tehran Confirms Arrest Of Iranian-American
- 4 Arab Civilians Arrested in Ahvaz
- Another Iranian-American Detained In Iran, Family Says
- Man Who Was Imprisoned in Iran for Posting Jokes on Facebook Denied Timely Appeal Verdict
- Two organisers arrested in Mashhad, Iran for arranging a youth gathering
- Southern Iran: At Least 3 Prisoners Hanged at Bandar Abbas Central Prison on Drug Charges
- Canadian-Iranian Academic Jailed In Iran
- Soheila Kargar Arrested in Qazvin
Page 2 of 47