Radiozamaneh - The head of the Tehran Justice Department has announced that the file of Reyhaneh Jabbari, a woman sentenced to death for the murder of her attacker, is in the process of mediation.
Radiozamaneh - The Iranian-Kurdish journalist Hiwa Fouladi was arrested after the Saqez Police Force filed a complaint against him. The Shar News Website reports that Fouladi has been transferred to the city's Central Prison. The website reports that the complaint involves a critical report published by the website regarding the actions of the police.
Radiozamaneh - Ghoncheh Qavami's lawyer says he has put in a request for the release of his client based on the grounds that a suspect cannot be detained for longer than the minimum sentence for the alleged charge against her.
Radiozamaneh - Amir Hekmati's lawyer has announced that his client's file has been referred for a retrial. Hekmati, who holds dual U.S.- Iranian citizenship, is a former U.S. marine who was arrested during a visit to Iran.
Radiozamaneh - Giti Pourfazel, the lawyer for a jailed Iranian journalist, reports that her client's case has been referred to the appeals court for a reconsideration of his sentence.
VOA - An Iranian journalist has been freed on bail after being detained for two and a half months for reasons that have never been publicly explained.
Radiozamaneh - Bahman Ahmadi Amouyi, a jailed Iranian journalist, has been released after serving out his sentence. Jila Bani Yaghoub, a prominent Iranian journalist and Ahmadi Amouyi's wife, reported that Ahmadi Amouyi was released on Staurday October 4 with two days of delay.
Amnesty.org - Human rights activist Saeed Shirzad has been detained in Tehran's Evin Prison for four months, without access to his lawyer.
Metroo.co.uk - A British-Iranian woman imprisoned for taking part in a protest to allow women to attend men's volleyball games in Tehran has been charged with 'propaganda against the regime' after 87 days in Evin Prison.
- Iranians Arrested Over Khomeini-Insult Texts
- A cyber activist sentenced to 3 years in prison
- Arrest of protesters heightens conflict at Bafgh mine
- A number of Azeri nationalist-civil activists have been arrested
- A group of Arab activists were arrested in Ahvaz
- Journalist Mirdamadi gets six-year sentence
- Man Sentenced to Stoning in Iran’s Northern City
- Political Prisoner Arzhang Davoudi Has Been Sentenced To Death
- Arrests of Sunni Muslims in Iran continues
- They Arrested My Husband on a Warrant From Mohseni Ejhei
Page 2 of 30