RFL/RE - Iran says it arrested an Iranian-American dual citizen in late July on charges of plotting against national security and collaborating with hostile governments.
HRANA News Agency – Many social media profiles which belong to Amir Maghsoodloo (Tataloo), reported the arrest of this underground singer. Mr. Maghsoodloo had recently stated that he was accused of promoting indecency in a case that was opened against him in culture and guidance court.
Iranhumanrights.org - The four-year prison sentence handed down to imprisoned author and peaceful political activist Kourosh Zaim has no legal basis and the 77-year-old should be immediately released because of his advanced age, his lawyer Giti Pourfazel told the International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran.
HRANA News Agency – On August 18, two residents of Maragheh city in East Azerbaijan province named ”Jalal Shishvani and Shahnaz Tosi” were arrested by security forces. Their status and whereabouts are not known yet.
HRANA News Agency – Valiullah Vaziri, transsexual resident of Galikesh in Golestan province who had been collectively raped, was ridiculed after going to the police. After protests from this citizen to their disregard, he was detained and transferred to general crime prison in Gonbad-e-Kawoos.
Iran Human Rights - Iranian authorities hanged two prisoners in public on Wednesday August 17.
Iran Human Rights - An Iranian official source has confirmed the execution of three young Ahwazi Arab men from the province of Khuzestan (western Iran).
HRANA News Agency – Misagh Yazdannejad, former political prisoner was sentenced to 5 years in prison in a new case. He had been released in May after serving 9 years.
HRANA News Agency – Following the protests in various cities of Azerbaijan and Ardebil provinces in reaction to the article published in the newspaper of “Tarhe No” and the continuation of the protests in recent days, a wave of arrests of protesters in various cities including Tabriz and Ardebil continued by arresting at least three other civilians. At the same time one person was summoned to the police station in Urmia, and in Tabriz, intelligence agents were unsuccessful in their attempt to arrest two others.
- 2 Civil Rights Activists Arrested in Ardebil
- 24 Turkish Civilians Arrested in Different Cities
- British-Iranian Aid Worker Charged In Tehran's Revolutionary Court
- A Number of Demonstrators Arrested in Tabriz
- 6 Civil Activists Sentenced to Imprisonment in Gachsaran
- Islamic state of Iran arrests 150 children for attending MIXED SEX birthday party
- Tehran Confirms Arrest Of Iranian-American
- 4 Arab Civilians Arrested in Ahvaz
- Another Iranian-American Detained In Iran, Family Says
- Man Who Was Imprisoned in Iran for Posting Jokes on Facebook Denied Timely Appeal Verdict
Page 2 of 47