HRANA News Agency – Kaveh Sohrabzadeh, Afshin Sohrabzadeh’s brother, political prisoner who suffers from cancer, was arrested after following his brother’s medical treatment, by the IRGC agents.
Amnesty - Iranian activist Amir Amirgholi was sentenced in early 2016 to 19 years and six months in prison following an hour-long trial on charges that stem from his peaceful activism. He is held in Evin Prison in poor conditions and is awaiting the date of his appeal hearing.
HRANA News Agency – HRANA had already reported at least 4 executions in Rajai Shahr prison in Karaj, but with one day delay, the Iranian official media have announced that 6 people were executed in this prison.
Iran Human Rights - Two unrelated prisoners with drug related charges were reportedly hanged at Ardebil Central Prison on the morning of Tuesday May 3. According to the press department of the Judiciary in Ardebil, one of the prisoners was charged with possession of 70 grams of heroin and crytal meth while the other was charged with trafficking one kilogram and 700 grams of heroin.
Iran Human Rights - On Sunday May 1, one prisoner was reportedly hanged at Nahavand Prison (in the western province of Hamadan) and two prisoners were reportedly hanged at Mashhad Central Prison (in the northeastern province of Razavi Khorasan).
Iranhumanrights.org - Rights activists Omid Alishenas, Atena Daemi, Ali Nouri and Aso Rostami have been summoned to appear together at an Appeals Court in Tehran on July 5, 2016 to appeal the prison sentences they received from a preliminary court.
Radiozamaneh - Spokesman for Iran’s judiciary says Omid Kokabi’s sentence is final and he is “being provided with all necessary facilities”.
HRANA News Agency – Tahir Ghaderzadeh member of the teachers association of Kurdistan, was sentenced to 91 days imprisonment on charges of propaganda against the system due to setting up the teachers’ assembly and disturbing the public opinion.
- 2 Brothers Have Been Arrested in Baneh
- 2 Civil Rights Activists Arrested in Tabriz
- 7 Prisoners Sentenced to Additional Imprisonment in Orumieh Prison since 2011
- Actress among activists arrested for animal rights protest
- Iran Supreme Court Issues Prisoner Removal of Eye Punishment
- Brother and Sister Arrested in Saghez
- Nahid Gorji Sentenced to 3 Years in Prison
- Former Political Prisoner Gets One-Year Prison Sentence On Recycled Charges
- International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran
- 2 Civil Rights Activists Arrested in front of Evin Prison
Page 2 of 44