Al-Arabia - The prosecutor of the city of Tehran, Mahmoud Jafari Dowlat Abadi announced that the Iranian Police apprehended 120 people in a coffee shop, accusing them of not being "in a normal condition," as he describes it, which is the charge issued by the judicial authorities against coffee goers in Iran.
Iranhumanrights.org - Police and plainclothes security agents arrested a prominent human rights lawyer and several members of the Writers Association of Iran at a commemoration event for victims of the "chain murders" of dissidents in the 1990s by agents of the Iranian government.
RFL/RE - An Iranian court has sentenced 12 people working in the fashion industry to jail for posting images on the Internet, according to a report in local media. The eight men and four women were given sentences ranging from five months to six years in jail by a court in the southern city of Shiraz on December 5, the semiofficial ILNA news agency reported.
PayvandNews - Alireza Rahmani, the director of public relations for the governor's office in Qazvin, 89 miles (143 kms) northwest of Tehran, was arrested on November 29 for inviting friends online to support the release of imprisoned human rights activist Narges Mohammadi.
Iranhumanrights.org - Photographer and women's right activist Alieh Matlabzadeh has been undergoing interrogation in Evin Prison since November 26 when Intelligence Ministry agents took her into custody without charge, her husband, Sadra Abdollahi, said in an interview with the International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran.
VOA - The son of a late Iran revolutionary was sentenced Sunday to six years in prison.
Radiozmaneh - A foreign model who had traveled to Iran to undergo plastic surgery has been arrested, Tehran Prosecutor Mahmoud Jafari Dowlatabadi announced.
AlArabiya.net -Iranian MP Hussein Ali Haji Degana has revealed that at least 12 top officials holding dual citizenship have been arrested in Iran on spying charges.
RFL/RE - Iranian authorities have detained several organizers of a gathering attended by thousands marking the birth of the pre-Islamic King Cyrus the Great, the founder of the Achaemenid Empire.
- Iranian-American Citizen Sentenced To 18 Years In Prison
- Iran Sentences Iranian-American, Elderly Father to 10 Years in Prison
- Attorney Arrested in Iran for Wearing Green Movement T-Shirt
- Iran’s Revolutionary Guards Push Harsh Prison Sentences for Activists
- Tataloo: the regular arrest of cursed celebrities in Iran
- Seven Prisoners Executed for Drug Offenses
- Iran Sentences Lebanese IT Expert To 10 Years In Prison
- Journalist’s Prison Sentence Reduced to Two Years, with Two-Year Ban on Reporting
- British-Iranian Woman Gets Five Years In Prison After Secret Trial In Tehran
- Sahar Beheshti and Her Husband Arrested Violently
Page 2 of 49