Radiozamaneh - Under heat from the public, Isfahan police have rounded up 50 people with a prior history of offences. The police announced that the detainees, described as some of the “thugs and hoodlums” of the city, were arrested today, Wednesday October 22, in different parts of the city. Their prior offences reportedly involve “causing fear in public”, “causing nuisance”, “causing injury (such as cutting noses or ears), “assault” and “the sale of small amounts of drugs.”
The police announced that these arrests are in connection with the recent acid-throwing incidents in the city, adding that they will soon release an update in the media.
Thousands of Isfahan residents took to the streets today to protest the slow government reaction to recent incidents of women being attacked with acid.
Radiozamaneh - The last "peace and reconciliation" meeting in the case of Reyhaneh Jabbari, sentenced to death for the murder of Morteza Abdolali Sarbandi, culminated without a resolution on Wednesday October 15.
iranhumanrights.org - Nuclear Scientist's Ten-Year Sentence Not Upheld by Supreme Court
Radiozamaneh - Ghoncheh Qavami and Atena Faghdani, two Iranian political prisoners who have been on hunger strike for the past 11 days, are now also refusing water.
Radiozamaneh - The head of the Tehran Justice Department has announced that the file of Reyhaneh Jabbari, a woman sentenced to death for the murder of her attacker, is in the process of mediation.
Radiozamaneh - The Iranian-Kurdish journalist Hiwa Fouladi was arrested after the Saqez Police Force filed a complaint against him. The Shar News Website reports that Fouladi has been transferred to the city's Central Prison. The website reports that the complaint involves a critical report published by the website regarding the actions of the police.
Radiozamaneh - Ghoncheh Qavami's lawyer says he has put in a request for the release of his client based on the grounds that a suspect cannot be detained for longer than the minimum sentence for the alleged charge against her.
- American-Iranian convict to get new trial
- Journalist Mirdamadi’s sentence to be reviewed
- Iran Frees Journalist Held Since July
- Jailed Journalist Ahmadi Amouyi completes sentence
- IRAN: HUMAN RIGHTS ACTIVIST DETAINED: SAEED SHIRZAD
- British woman imprisoned in Iran is charged for ‘propaganda against the regime’
- Iranians Arrested Over Khomeini-Insult Texts
- A cyber activist sentenced to 3 years in prison
- Arrest of protesters heightens conflict at Bafgh mine
- A number of Azeri nationalist-civil activists have been arrested
Page 2 of 31