HRANA News Agency – Mostafa Barari and Arash Shoa` Shargh, editors of two websites of “Gilan No” and ”Gilan Novin”, are sentenced by criminal court of Gilan province to respectively 114 and 40 lashes, following the complaints from a parliament member and on charge of spreading lies and publishing without having permission. This sentence was confirmed by the appeal court as well.
Radiozmaneh - A highly regarded professor in Zabol University in southeastern Iran has been sentenced to imprisonment and flogging for posting protests against university administration on Telegram, a cloud-based instant messaging application popular in Iran.
Iranhumanrights.org - A criminal court in Tehran has sentenced three alleged thieves to hand amputations and other punishments for committing robbery, according to a local newspaper.
HRANA News Agency – Negara Karimova (Afsharzadeh) Azerbaijani prisoner in the women’s ward, in Evin prison, has been sentenced to more than 4 years imprisonment and 50 lashes.
Amnesty - Iran's persistent use of cruel and inhuman punishments, including floggings, amputations and forced blinding over the past year, exposes the authorities' utterly brutal sense of justice, said Amnesty International.
IRAN HUMAN RIGHTS - Four fingers of the right hand of two prisoners were amputated in an Iranian prison on the Christmas day, December 25.
AlArabia - Young Iranians accused of breaking their country's moral codes have been uploading photos on social media of injuries sustained from lashings by police.
The Facebook page My Stealthy Freedom, which usually known for posting photos of Iranian women without their headscarf, showed photos of the harsh punishments after young Iranians were caught in mixed-gendered parties.
HRANA News Agency – Mohammadreza Farahnak, a prisoner who has been kept on charge of theft in Rajai Shahr prison in Karaj since 18 years ago, after all these years faces the risk of amputation. The prisoner was informed that the sentence would be executed on Tuesday.
HRANA News Agency – Raoof Karimi from Mashhad was sentenced to 74 lashes by the court due to his wife’s complaint after a family contention, on charges of “insults and threats”. Flogging sentence from the perspective of human dignity is one of the issues that makes the Iranian government be seen as a violator of human rights treaties.
- Guilt by Association: Peaceful Demonstrators Slapped with Suspended Lashing and Prison Sentences
- 26 Activists Sentenced to Imprisonment, Lashes and Fine in Tabriz
- Mohammad Mozaffari Sentenced to Imprisonment, Lashes and Fine
- Iranian Gold Miners Lashed for Protesting Layoffs
- UNHCR Condemns Floggings In Iran
- Prisoner’s mother rejects her own sentence of jail, lashes
- Iranian Appeals Court Gives Filmmaker Year Sentence, Lashes
- Iran: Poets Face 99 Lashes and Prison
- Iran Sentences Poets, Filmmaker To Prison, Lashings
- Iranian Authorities Carry Out Amputation Sentence in Mashhad – Prisoner’s Hand & Foot Cut Off
Page 1 of 7