Iranhumanrights.org - Iranian-born Swedish resident Ahmadreza Jalali, detained in Iran since April 2016, began a second hunger strike in Evin Prison on February 15, 2017 to protest against his lawyers being dismissed by the judge shortly before his trial, the Campaign for Human Rights in Iran has learned.
HRW – The Iranian authorities have arrested and detained the mother of one of the victims of the government's violent crackdown on protests in 2009, Human Rights Watch said today. The authorities should immediately release Shahnaz Karimbeigi, who became an activist after her son was killed and has been in Evin prison since January 25, 2017, or promptly bring recognizable criminal charges against her and guarantee her a fair trial.
Amnesty - The execution of Hamid Ahmadi, an Iranian man arrested when he was just 17 years old, has been rescheduled for 18 February. He continues to be held in solitary confinement in Lakan prison in the city of Rasht, northern Iran, further exacerbating his mental anguish.
Iranhumanrights.org - Soheil Arabi, who is currently serving a seven-and-a-half year prison sentence for the content of his social media posts, is being denied urgent medical care, his lawyer told the Campaign for Human Rights in Iran.
Iranhumanrights.org - In the latest crackdown by hardliners against popular social media applications in Iran, the Intelligence Ministry has detained several channel administrators of Telegram. Hardline domestic news outlets have subsequently aired admins' alleged video "confessions."
Amnesty - The Iranian authorities must immediately stop the execution of a man arrested for a crime committed while he was 17 years old, said Amnesty International, ahead of his scheduled execution on 11 February. Hamid Ahmadi's execution was initially scheduled for 4 February but his family were informed today that it has been postponed by a week.
Iranhumanrights.org - Well-known Iranian poet and filmmaker Baktash Abtin has been charged with "propaganda against the state" following his arrest on December 2, 2016 at a memorial event in Tehran marking the 18th anniversary of the "chain murders" of dissidents, including writers, in the 1990s by agents of the Islamic Republic.
Amensty - Iranian prisoner of conscience and human rights defender Saeed Shirzad ended his 39-day hunger strike on 14 January after the authorities at Karaj's Raja'i Shahr Prison made an oral promise to address his grievances about the inhumane treatment of political prisoners in the prison. He is now in need of specialized medical care.
Iranhumanrights.org - Political prisoner Mohammad Nazari, imprisoned in Tehran for the past 23 years, has told the Campaign for Human Rights in Iran that even though his prison warden sent a letter on his behalf, the Judiciary has denied his urgent request for medical furlough (temporary leave), claiming they have "lost" his case files.
- Political Prisoners on Death Row in Iran Fear Reinstatement of Long-Term Visitations Ban
- UN calls on Iran to stop juvenile execution and impose a moratorium on the death penalty
- Listen to Ailing Political Prisoner Saeed Shirzad “Before It’s Too Late,” Warns Lawyer
- Members of the European Parliament demand the immediate release of human rights activists Arash Sadeghi and Ali Shariati
- Iran’s Telegram Registration Requirement Widens Governmental Snooping Powers
- Urgent: More than 20 Prisoners in Imminent Danger of Execution in Iran
- Iran Hunger Strikers in Critical Condition - IHR Calls for Urgent World Reaction
- HUNGER-STRIKING ACTIVIST IN POOR HEALTH IN EVIN
- Iran's authorities endangering life of critically ill imprisoned activist by refusing hospital transfer
- Persecution of Dual Nationals: Businessman Serving 10-Year Prison Sentence After Coerced Confession
Page 1 of 47