Radiozamaneh - The spokesman for the Iranian judiciary stressed once more that the media is not to report on former president, Mohammad Khatami, a senior reformist figure, as he is officially under a media ban by order of the judiciary.
clareherald - Ennis supports the international fight for human rights this week when a groundbreaking film 'To Light a Candle' is screened at the Civic Rooms, Waterpark, Drumbiggle as part of a campaign to highlight human rights violations in Iran where large numbers of youth are denied an education.
Radiozamaneh - The Association of Iranian Journalists has issued a statement warning against efforts by the Ministry of Labour to establish a larger, all-encompassing organization to replace the existing association.
Reuters - Iran has shut down a hardline conservative weekly for criticizing the government's nuclear negotiations with six major powers aimed at ending a decade-old standoff, the Students News Agency ISNA reported on Monday.
al-monitor - When Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad faced off with his primary opponent, Mir-Hossein Mousavi, in a heated televised debate in 2008, the unyielding leader conceded at least one point. When Mousavi criticized the state for its arbitrary book censorship under Ahmadinejad, the president responded, "Yes, I agree with you on that. I have written to the culture minister and warned him about this."
Radiozamaneh - The trial for the shut down of Shargh daily newspaper and Setareh Sobh magazine will take place on Sunday February 1, IRNA reports.
Radiozamaneh - The Setareh Sobh weekly has been shut down by order of the Culture and Media Court for publishing Ali Motahari's letter to the Head of the Judiciary demanding action on the house arrest of opposition leaders.
PayvandNews - A few days after the Iranian Judiciary ordered the reformist Mardom-e Emrooz newspaper banned, ultra conservative members of the Iranian Parliament are working on legislation to permanently ban journalists who have worked for reformist publications that were shut down by the authorities. The measure is meant to ensure that such journalists will not resurface and continue their work in another publication.
- Iranian Judiciary Shuts Down Newspaper for Publishing “I am Charlie Too” Quote
- Iranian Journalists Stopped From Showing Solidarity With Paris Victims
- Tensions, Slogans During Speech By Hard-Line 'Kayhan' Editor
- Weekly report on Human Right Violations in Iran 02nd December 2014
- Russia, Iranian Journalists Among CPJ Award Winners
- Weekly report on Human Right Violations in Iran on 11th November 2014
- Iranian Government Spying in Social Networking Sites
- 31 Nobel Physics Prize Laureates Join Thousands of Activists to Call for the Release of Iranian Phys
- New Videos Confront Iran’s Rights Violations through Personal Stories of Persecution
- A LETTER BY A NUMBER OF GONABADI DERVISHES IN AUSTRALIA TO THE UN AND OTHER HUMAN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIO
Page 1 of 8