Radiozamaneh - Four of the Iranian journalists arrested by the Revolutionary Guards and accused of being "elements of enemy infiltration" have been sentenced to prison terms ranging from five to 10 years.
Radiozamaneh - Sabri Hassanpour, the executive and host of the online network "Simay-e Rahayi" (Vision of Liberation), has reportedly been arrested in Iran.
Iranhumanrights.org - Concern is growing for the well-being of newspaper columnist Afarin Chitsaz, who has been imprisoned incommunicado since her arrest on November 2, 2015.
PayvandNews - Reporters Without Borders (RSF) reiterates its concern about the conditions in which journalists are being detained in Iran, especially Afarine Chitsaz of the daily newspaper Iran, a young woman arrested at the same time as three other journalists on 2 November.
Iranhumanrighs.org - Why the United Nations Human Rights Council must ensure the special rapporteur and other mechanisms can continue to monitor Iran’s human rights situation?
Iranhumanrighs.org - Issa Saharkhiz, imprisoned reformist journalist and former political prisoner, was hospitalized on March 9, 2016 due to life-threatening health deterioration from successive hunger strikes.
Radiozamaneh - Ehsan Mazandarani and Davoud Asadi, two Iranian journalists charged with "propaganda against the regime and acting against national security", were finally taken to court after being held for months.
- Long-awaited trial of journalist yields no known result
- Advocacy group expresses concern for jailed Iranian journalist
- Trial date set for three detained journalists
- Detained journalist ends hunger strike
- Journalist goes without food, water as jailers press for confession
- Broadcaster accused of bias over speech interruption
- Jailed journalist’s mother intervenes on son’s behalf
- News sites under close scrutiny for “election offences”
- IRGC arrests of journalists credited with media impact
- Weekly newspaper publishes issue despite suspension
Page 1 of 10