Radiozamaneh - The head of the Eastern Azerbaijan Justice Department has announced the shutdown of 25 news websites for "lack of permit" and "election offences".
Radiozamaneh - The Tasnim news agency, which is linked to Iran’s Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC), says the change in leadership at Persian BBC is a result of the alleged blows the IRGC has managed to inflict on the network’s activities inside Iran, referring to the arrest of a number of journalists in recent months.
Radiozamaneh - The Bahar daily, a newspaper linked to Iran’s reformist forces, was shut down once again on Sunday January 3.
Yahoo - The managing editor of Iran's oldest newspaper was indicted Tuesday for defying a national reporting ban on comments and pictures of the country's reformist former president Mohammad Khatami.
Iranhumanrights.org - Ninety Iranian journalists have signed a statement calling for the release of four of their colleagues arrested a month ago by Iran's Revolutionary Guards Intelligence Organization: Issa Saharkhiz, Ehsan Mazandarani, Saman Safarzaie, and Afarin Chitsaz.
Iranhumanrights.org - The journalist Rayhaneh Tabatabaie, 35, has been informed that the Appeals Court has approved her one-year prison sentence and two-year ban on political and media activities issued in November 2014 by Judge Salavati.
iranwire - Iran ranks among the top three most censored countries in the world, according to this year's Freedom On The Net report.
PayvandNews - U.N. human rights experts are urging Iran to stop intimidating journalists before parliamentary elections next year. The U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights said Wednesday Iranian authorities should stop arresting, prosecuting and harassing journalists and online activists, and should provide a safe space for freedom of expression in the lead-up to the elections.
- IRGC arrests “enemy elements” in Iranian media
- Iranian ,Poverty !
- How Can They Claim There are No Journalists Imprisoned?
- Newspaper may face trial for its headlining of commander’s “martyrdom”
- Judiciary chief raises alarm over satellite “sneak attack”
- Banning of Films Continues under Rouhani Administration, 14 Movies Now Forbidden
- Iran Moves To Silence Media Critical Of Nuclear Deal
- Ministry of Islamic Guidance Sends Government Circular: Write That the Talks were Exceptionally Good
- Hardline Clerics Stop Screening of Film on Shia Religious Figure
- Uncut version of controversial film to open Baghdad festival
Page 1 of 9