PayvandNews - Iranian students holding handwritten signs in green - the color of the opposition movement -- chanted in protest during a speech by Hossein Shariatmadari, the editor of the ultra-hard-line daily "Kayhan."
RFE/RL - The Committee for the Protection of Journalists (CPJ) has presented its annual Press Freedom Award to four journalists, including a Russian and Iranian.
al-monitor.com - The eight-year war (1980-1988) was in many ways a unique event in Iranian history. One of its most important aspects was probably the massive participation of the Iranian people, from all the different regions of the country and levels of society.
PayvandNews - In a letter to President Hassan Rouhani, 135 Iranian reporters, editors and media workers from inside and outside Iran urged the president not to insult them by lying about the persecution of journalists in Iran.
Roozonline.com - The Iranian president's short but strange answer to Christian Amanpour's question has unleashed a wave of criticism against him. One of Rouhani's main slogans during his presidential campaign was the release of journalists and political prisoner.
- New Wave of Arrests and Prison Sentences Against Journalists
- Iranian judicial system: a repression machine against journalists
- Filling Prisons with Journalists
- Tehran poll: 60% believe media has little or no freedom
- Newspaper Closed for Publishing News of IRGC Commander’s Release
- Iran bans third reformist newspaper
- Minister of Labor Pursuing to Establish a New Body
- Seven journalists among those beaten in Iran's Evin Prison
- Support for European resolution, call for release of 52 journalists
- Paper Close to Revolutionary Guards Doctors Ashton Photo to Erase Image of Torture Victim’s Mother
Page 1 of 6