Iranhumanrights.org - Editor Yashar Soltani, who was initially charged with "spreading lies" after his website published unclassified information about illegal land sales by the Tehran Municipality, has also been charged with "gathering classified information with the intent to harm national security."
HRANA News Agency – Attorney general of Golesatan province warned editors of news and social websites about “discriminatory and irresponsible” context and emphasized that if such case is being identified, these media will be banned and they will face the consequences.
RFL/RE - Critics say proposed new legislation in Iran would mean an end to any form of independent journalism in the Islamic republic while playing into the hands of the country's security organs and hard-line conservative judiciary, who would like to see even tighter state control of the media.
ABC - The lawyer of prominent Iranian journalist says a court has sentenced his client to three years in prison on charges of insulting authorities and spreading propaganda against the ruling system.
Iranhumanrights,org - Ehsan Mazandarani has been reduced to two years on appeal, his brother-in-law Sam Hosseini told the International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran.
RFL/RE - An Iranian newspaper is facing legal action over an article critical of detention conditions at a penitentiary facility in Tehran, with a senior prosecutor blaming such writings for public feelings of "hopelessness."
Iranhumanrights.org - Tactics Meant to Sow Fear among Independent Journalists in Wake of Reformists' Parliamentary Election Gains.
Iran's Intelligence Ministry officials are increasingly harassing and threatening independent journalists in an apparent move to dissuade them from feeling emboldened by reformist and centrist candidates' gains in the county's recent Parliamentary elections.
HRW - An Iranian court convicted three journalists and a family member of another journalist on April 25, 2016 on vague national security charges. The four, along with a fifth journalist, have been detained since November, 2015. The authorities should quash their convictions and release them.
- Sentences issued for journalists accused of “enemy infiltration”
- Online broadcaster said to have been arrested in Iran
- Journalist Afarin Chitsaz Held Incommunicado at Evin Prison for Five Months
- On eve of Iranian New Year, concern about fate of imprisoned journalists
- Imprisoned Reformist Iranian Journalist Hospitalized After Prolonged Hunger Strike
- Journalists put on trial after long wait in jail
- Long-awaited trial of journalist yields no known result
- Advocacy group expresses concern for jailed Iranian journalist
- Trial date set for three detained journalists
- Detained journalist ends hunger strike
Page 1 of 12