Iranhumanrights.org - The journalist Rayhaneh Tabatabaie, 35, has been informed that the Appeals Court has approved her one-year prison sentence and two-year ban on political and media activities issued in November 2014 by Judge Salavati.
iranwire - Iran ranks among the top three most censored countries in the world, according to this year's Freedom On The Net report.
PayvandNews - U.N. human rights experts are urging Iran to stop intimidating journalists before parliamentary elections next year. The U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights said Wednesday Iranian authorities should stop arresting, prosecuting and harassing journalists and online activists, and should provide a safe space for freedom of expression in the lead-up to the elections.
Radiozamaneh - A website linked to Iran's Revolutionary Guards Corps and Islamic Republic hardliners says the IRGC has arrested "five enemy elements" involved in the media.
Roozonline - Security forces in Mahabad broke raided the offices of Ravangah news website and arrested its manager, Hossein Sheikh Aghai who is also the caricaturist for the newspaper. A reporter told Rooz Online that the website had a reformist attitude adding that the detention of the manager rather than the initial customary warning indicated an "excluding" and violent response.
Radiozamaneh - Iran's Press Supervisory Board has issued a warning to the reformist newspaper Royesh Mellat and referred the file to the judiciary for the paper's use of the term "death" rather than "martyrdom" in reference to the recent death of Revolutionary Guards commander Hossein Hamedani in Syria.
Radiozamaneh - The head of the Iranian judiciary is calling on prosecutors across the country to deal with what he describes as a "cultural anomaly".
Iranhumanrights.org - Despite repeated statements made by President Rouhani regarding the need to allow more cultural freedoms in Iran, the banning of films in the Islamic Republic has continued unabated during his two-year administration.
RFL/RE - Iran's state media watchdog has suspended a hard-line publication and warned two other like-minded outlets for criticizing the nuclear deal reached last month between Iran and major world powers.
- Ministry of Islamic Guidance Sends Government Circular: Write That the Talks were Exceptionally Good
- Hardline Clerics Stop Screening of Film on Shia Religious Figure
- Uncut version of controversial film to open Baghdad festival
- Iranian artist jailed for 12 years for drawing satirical cartoons now faces 'indecency' charges.
- Five Journalists Fired from Iran Labor News Agency
- Journalist banished to exile after completing prison term
- Iranian cartoonist could face years in prison for image depicting politicians as monkeys
- Censorship issues raised at Tehran book fair
- 'Why Nations Fail' Among Works Seized At Tehran Book Fair
- Watchdog Says Press Freedom At Lowest Point In 10 Years
Page 1 of 9