Radiozamaneh - Four of the Iranian journalists arrested by the Revolutionary Guards and accused of being "elements of enemy infiltration" have been sentenced to prison terms ranging from five to 10 years.
Radiozamaneh - Sabri Hassanpour, the executive and host of the online network "Simay-e Rahayi" (Vision of Liberation), has reportedly been arrested in Iran.
Iranhumanrights.org - Concern is growing for the well-being of newspaper columnist Afarin Chitsaz, who has been imprisoned incommunicado since her arrest on November 2, 2015.
PayvandNews - Reporters Without Borders (RSF) reiterates its concern about the conditions in which journalists are being detained in Iran, especially Afarine Chitsaz of the daily newspaper Iran, a young woman arrested at the same time as three other journalists on 2 November.
Iranhumanrighs.org - Issa Saharkhiz, imprisoned reformist journalist and former political prisoner, was hospitalized on March 9, 2016 due to life-threatening health deterioration from successive hunger strikes.
Radiozamaneh - Ehsan Mazandarani and Davoud Asadi, two Iranian journalists charged with "propaganda against the regime and acting against national security", were finally taken to court after being held for months.
The Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) has announced its serious concern for the health of Issa Saharkhiz, an Iranian journalist currently held in Evin Prison.
Radiozamaneh - The trial of Issa Saharkhiz, Ehsan Mazandarani and another journalist, who were arrested last November by the Revolutionary Guards in the course of a state operation to "combat infiltrators", is set for March 6.
- Detained journalist ends hunger strike
- Journalist goes without food, water as jailers press for confession
- Broadcaster accused of bias over speech interruption
- Jailed journalist’s mother intervenes on son’s behalf
- News sites under close scrutiny for “election offences”
- IRGC arrests of journalists credited with media impact
- Weekly newspaper publishes issue despite suspension
- Reformist-linked daily, Bahar, shut down again
- Iran newspaper chief indicted for defying Khatami ban
- Ninety Journalists Call for Release of Four Arrested Colleagues
Page 1 of 11