CHRI - Political parties and factions in Iran should promote more women candidates in the country's local council elections to improve gender equality, Sedigheh Vasmaghi, a former Tehran city council member, told the Center for Human Rights in Iran (CHRI).
CHRI - Imprisoned human rights activist Atena Daemi has been stricken with a kidney infection nine days after going on hunger strike to protest a new sentence issued against her and her sisters following a complaint by the Revolutionary Guards.
Iranhumanrights.org - Mohammadi: Imprisonment Makes Me More "Determined"
Imprisoned human rights defender Narges Mohammadi has been offered temporary release if she promises to be silent about her unjust sentence, her husband told the Center for Human Rights in Iran (CHRI).
Iranhumanrights.org - Despite interest expressed by foreign female runners, participants in Tehran's first international marathon will be required to run separately based on their sex.
Amnesty - Iranian journalist Hengameh Shahidi is in a critical condition in Tehran’s Evin prison. She has been on hunger strike for 29 days in protest at her arrest on 9 March. She has a heart condition and is refusing her medication. She is being held in solitary confinement and has been denied access to a lawyer.
IOPHR - Hengameh Shahidi, the journalist, women's rights activist and the advisor on Women's Affairs to Sheikh Hojjatoleslam Mehdi Karroubi, on 10th March, was illegally arrested and imprisoned in Evin Prison. Ms Shahidi who is on her 24th day of hunger strike is currently in a very critical condition, and in her last contact with her family on 1st April asked her family to forgive her for any hurt she might have caused and to consider her last words to them as her will and last testament.
heatst - Members of Iran's morality police are pressuring women into wearing the veil inside Christian places of worship.
timesofindia - Iran has banned some of its women players from billiard sports competitions for a year for violating the Islamic codes of conduct at a tournament in China, sporting authorities announced.
Iranhumanrights.org - Outspoken political activist and former reformist member of Parliament Faezeh Hashemi will face a new trial in April 2017 on undeclared charges, an informed source told the Center for Human Rights in Iran (CHRI).
- Predicting Her Arrest, Reformist Activist Wrote Letters Criticizing Rouhani’s Failure to Protect Citizens
- Report Released by UN Special Rapporteur on Women’s Rights to International Women’s Day
- IRAN: UK-IRANIAN CHARITY WORKER NEEDS MEDICAL CARE: NAZANIN ZAGHARI-RATCLIFFE
- Iran Bans Teen Chess Siblings Over Head Scarf, Match Against Israeli
- The World of Women Under the Iranian Mullahs
- Debate over sterilizing homeless women addicts resurfaces in Iran
- Iran: Stoning writer rearrested as Revolutionary Guards block review of her conviction
- Iranian Women Arrested for Riding Motorcycle; Video Fuels Backlash
- Hardline Tehran Prosecutor Advocates Harsher Penalty for Mixed-Gender Parties
- British woman held in Iran told she can keep two-year-old daughter in prison or lose custody
Page 1 of 27