RFL/RE - Iran has arrested eight people in a crack down against Internet posts showing female models who are not covering their heads with an obligatory hijab.
Radiozamaneh - The third leg of Shahram and Hafez Nazeri's Persian classical music concert tour is set to kick off in Isfahan on May 19 and 20, and the group's female musicians have been banned from appearing on stage.
Iranhumanrights.org - Mother of Afarin Chitsaz's Describes Brutality Aimed at Forcing a "Confession"
The mother of imprisoned newspaper columnist Afarin Chitsaz will make a judicial complaint to protest the beating of her daughter in prison. Maryam Azadpour, who recently broken her silence on Chitsaz's case, described her daughter's ordeal in an interview with the International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran.
Radiozamaneh -The Rohani administration has reacted to the announcement that the police department plans to deploy secret police to monitor the public's social behaviour. On his trip to Semnan, when asked about the 7,000 undercover morality police personnel being deployed, he said the executive branch was not involved in implementing the plan.
Radiozamaneh - Iran's interior minister has written to the head of the country's three branches of government to say the Guardian Council's cancellation of the votes obtained by parliamentary candidate Minoo Khaleghi's is "an error" that needs to be examined by Parliament.
Iranhumanrights.org - The trial of human rights activist Narges Mohammadi, postponed four times since its original date of May 3, 2015, finally began on April 20, 2016 at Branch 15 of Tehran's Revolutionary Court.
HRANA News Agency – The case of Maryam Akbari Monfared, political prisoner of women’s ward of Evin prison, is being processed in the Supreme Court.
- Tehran police chief defends new undercover morality police force
- Subtle Presence of Morality Police
- IRAN: FURTHER INFORMATION: IRAN CONFIRMS FORCED “VIRGINITY TEST” ON ARTIST: ATENA FARGHADANI
- Rouhani Clashes With Iranian Police Over Undercover Hijab Agents
- Former broadcaster files harassment complaint against producer
- Nahid Gorji Went to Vakil Abad Prison in Mashhad
- Amnesty International Called for Immediate Release of Narges Mohammadi
- Atena Farghadani, Imprisoned in an Undecided Situation
- Police use cameras to enforce Islamic codes in Tehran cafés, parks
- Disqualification of Elected Female Reformist MP Sparks Heated Debate in Iran
Page 2 of 25