ABCNews - Iranian authorities have arrested four people suspected of throwing acid on women, according to a report by the official IRNA news agency.
Radiozamaneh - Reports from Isfahan indicate that in recent weeks there has been a rise in the incidence of people throwing acird onto women, purportedly for not wearing appropriate hijab or Islamic gard in public.
Radiozamaneh - A number of Iranian MPs have introduced a bill to punish violations of hijab (the Islamic dress code) with fines and the possession of satellite receivers with prison terms.
dailymail.co.uk - A British woman arrested in Iran after attending a men's volleyball match has gone on trial today.
Radiozamaneh - The music group Erfan was prevented from holding a concert in Isfahan because women were part of the group. The concert was cancelled even though the group had the necessary permit from the Ministry of Culture and Guidance.
PayvandNews - Mahsa Shekarloo, women's rights activist, writer, editor, translator and founder of the online feminist journal Bad Jens, died Friday September 5, 2014, surrounded by her family. She had been stricken with an aggressive form of cancer.
iranhumanrights.org - Since President Hassan Rouhani assumed office in August 2013, there has been a marked increase in state policies by hardliners in the government directly infringing upon the most basic rights of Iranian women.
Radiozamaneh - Iranian activist Ghoncheh Qavami has begun a hunger strike after 100 days in jail in protest to her undetermined state in Evin Prison.
Radiozamaneh - The head of the Family of Martyrs and Veterans Association reported on Tuesday September 30 that a suit has been filed against Culture Minister Ali Jannati for issuing permits allowing women to sing solo in concerts.
- Iranian Women Unemployment Rate at 43.4 Percent
- BREAKING NEWS: Iran Executing "Iran's Mandela," Dissident Hero Ayatollah Boroujerdi
- UN Rights Chief Condemns IS Killing Of Women Activists In Iraq
- Activists rally around jailed female volleyball fan
- Hijab patrols on Tehran streets quashed by officials
- Iranian Women's Monthly Under Pressure From Hard-Liners
- Women's Right to Attend Sports Events at Centre of Iran's Culture Wars
- Gender Segregation Gains Momentum in Iran: Women Prohibited from More Jobs/
- Iran's supreme guide slams Western views on feminism
- Gender Segregation Violates the Rights of Women in Iran
Page 2 of 15