Radiozamaneh - The head of the Family of Martyrs and Veterans Association reported on Tuesday September 30 that a suit has been filed against Culture Minister Ali Jannati for issuing permits allowing women to sing solo in concerts.
PayvandNews- Women's unemployment rate in the last eight years reached 43.4 percent, according to the latest report released by the Statistical Center of Iran, Sunday edition of the English language newspaper Iran Daily writes.
gatestoneinstitute.org - Now that the world's headlines are dominated by ISIS, and while Iran's President Hassan Rouhani is at the UN, the Iran is using these distractions to step up its executions, its mass-arrests of minorities, and now its execution of Ayatollah Boroujerdi -- that is if Iran, by again withholding crucial medical attention, does not passively execute him first.
RFL/RE - UN human rights chief Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein has condemned the brutal killing of a female Iraqi rights defender by Islamic State (IS) militants, as well as the continuing sexual exploitation of hundreds of women in areas captured by the extremist group.
Radiozamaneh - Three hundred Iranian political and cultural activists have written to President Hassan Rohani, drawing attention to the dismal situation of Ghoncheh Qavami in Evin Prison and urging the government to respect her citizen’s rights and facilitate her release.
Radiozamaneh - The 4,000-member Ansar-e Hezbollah patrols, which had announced their intention to confront any public noncompliance with Hijab (the Islamic dress code), will no longer hit the streets of Tehran due to resistance from the Security Forces.
RFL/RE - A newly launched women's monthly run by a prominent female editor has irked Iranian hard-liners, who have accused her of promoting "obsolete" feminist views and ideas that are un-Islamic.
Huffingtonpost - A British-Iranian woman imprisoned In Tehran for attempting to watch a men's volleyball match is at the centre of Iran's cultural wars that constitute the backdrop to efforts to resolve problems with Iran's nuclear program and a struggle between reformists and conservatives in advance of parliamentary elections 18 months from now.
- Iran's supreme guide slams Western views on feminism
- Gender Segregation Violates the Rights of Women in Iran
- Chief stirs controversy over women working in coffee shops
- A women’s rights activist still under arrest after 58 days
- Compulsory Chador for the Staff of the Ministry of Education
- Reformist journalist freed on bail in Iran
- Journalist’s arrest extended despite lack of trial
- Eighty-one days in solitary confinement without trial -Saba Azarpeyk
- Hitting the beach in hijab in Iran
- Iran is world’s leading jailer of female journalists and netizens
Page 2 of 15