HRANA News Agency – The case of Maryam Akbari Monfared, political prisoner of women’s ward of Evin prison, is being processed in the Supreme Court.
Al-monitor - The announcement of a 7,000-strong undercover morality police force in Tehran has been met with wide domestic criticism. Tehran's police chief, Hossein Sajedinia, defended the decision and attempted to downplay fears that the force would focus on reporting poorly veiled women.
Amnesty - Iranian painter and prisoner of conscience Atena Farghadani remains in prison pending the outcome of her appeal against a 12 years and nine months prison sentence. The authorities have now confirmed that they subjected her to virginity and pregnancy tests.
VOA —Iran's president criticized the use of thousands of undercover morality police in Tehran to report on young women who are not wearing a full Islamic hijab or those who play loud music in their cars.
Radiozmaneh - Former Press TV newscaster Sheena Shirani has filed a formal complaint against network producer Mohsen Emadi for allegedly subjecting her to sexual harassment in the workplace.
HRANA News Agency – Nahid Gorji civil rights activists went to Vakil Abad Prison in Mashhad on 8 April to serve her three years of imprisonment. According her relatives, her arrest and conviction is due to her activities in social networks.
HRANA News Agency – Amnesty International announced in a statement, April 20th as the date for the trial of Narges Mohammadi, calling for immediate release and action for the case of the defender of human rights.
HRANA News Agency – Atena Farghadani, artist and civic activist in the women’s ward of Evin Prison is still in uncertain condition waiting for the court of appeal’s decision.
- Police use cameras to enforce Islamic codes in Tehran cafés, parks
- Disqualification of Elected Female Reformist MP Sparks Heated Debate in Iran
- IRAN: FURTHER INFORMATION: NARGES MOHAMMADI’S TRIAL DATE SET FOR 20 APRIL
- Election Office challenges Guardian Council over disqualification
- The List of the Political Prisoners in Women’s Ward in Evin Prison
- Disqualified candidate casts shadow over women’s political progress
- Bahareh Hedayat’s Family’s Complaint Being Proceeded in Disciplinary Court of Judges
- Mass Child Marriage Ceremony in Iran Denied by Local Officials
- Daughters report ill health of Zahra Rahnavard under house arrest
- Female Political Prisoners in Iran
Page 2 of 25