Amnesty International - Two years after an international outcry erupted over her sentence of stoning to death, Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani remains imprisoned in north-west Iran apparently still facing a stoning sentence. Her lawyer, Javid Houtan Kiyan, arrested on account of his advocacy for her, remains held as a prisoner of conscience, and is reported to have been sentenced to a lengthy prison term. He is believed to have been tortured during his detention.
Roozonline - People from Inside and Outside the Country Have Joined
Shahrzadnews - Though the Greater Tehran Police Force claims that there are only about a hundred prostitutes in the city, Iranian health professionals say there are several thousand in the country as a whole, and that the number is increasing rapidly.
RFE/RL - Women have worn the hijab in Iran for three decades -- some voluntarily, others begrudgingly.
Persianbanoo - Imprisoned student activist Shabnam Madadzadeh has written a letter from Evin prison, expressing concern over the recent transfer of two female political prisoners to the notorious Gharchak prison in Varamin, known for its sub-standards and extremely poor conditions.
Women News Network - Iran based human rights defender Ms. Mansoureh Behkish, who is well known in the region for her work in fighting against the death penalty as well as being one of the head organizers for the Mourning Mothers, known also as the Mothers of Laleh Park, has now been sentenced on her latest appeal ruling which has added six months in prison to her sentence.
GVF — The spokesman for the Iranian judiciary has announced that Iranian actors who do not fully comply with the dress code for women (hijab) will be barred from leaving the country.
Persianbanoo - Imprisoned human rights activist Narges Mohamadi was hospitalized in Zanjan on Monday, in critical condition and banned from visit.
Radio Zamaneh - The Ahwaz public prosecutor has announced that women will be sentenced to cash fines or imprisonment if they are seen in public disobeying the Islamic dress code.
- Iran seeks to legalise marriage for girls under 10
- Imprisoned HR activist Narges Mohamadi: The Officials Are Responsible For My Slowly Dying
- Health of jailed activist deteriorating
- Single Women Gaining Limited Acceptance in Iran
- Women attending concert arrested in Tehran
- Activists demand release of their peer
- Concubism, the Product of Discrimination and Inequality
- Women, tie-sellers targeted in Iran clothing purge
- Female workers paid less, but face greater hardship
- What do imprisoned mothers in Iran fear the most? ‘Being forgotten’
Page 3 of 7