CHRI - Imprisoned human rights activist Atena Daemi has been stricken with a kidney infection nine days after going on hunger strike to protest a new sentence issued against her and her sisters following a complaint by the Revolutionary Guards.
Iranhumanrights.org - Mohammadi: Imprisonment Makes Me More "Determined"
Imprisoned human rights defender Narges Mohammadi has been offered temporary release if she promises to be silent about her unjust sentence, her husband told the Center for Human Rights in Iran (CHRI).
Amnesty - Iranian journalist Hengameh Shahidi is in a critical condition in Tehran’s Evin prison. She has been on hunger strike for 29 days in protest at her arrest on 9 March. She has a heart condition and is refusing her medication. She is being held in solitary confinement and has been denied access to a lawyer.
IOPHR - Hengameh Shahidi, the journalist, women's rights activist and the advisor on Women's Affairs to Sheikh Hojjatoleslam Mehdi Karroubi, on 10th March, was illegally arrested and imprisoned in Evin Prison. Ms Shahidi who is on her 24th day of hunger strike is currently in a very critical condition, and in her last contact with her family on 1st April asked her family to forgive her for any hurt she might have caused and to consider her last words to them as her will and last testament.
Iranhumanrights.org - Outspoken political activist and former reformist member of Parliament Faezeh Hashemi will face a new trial in April 2017 on undeclared charges, an informed source told the Center for Human Rights in Iran (CHRI).
Predicting Her Arrest, Reformist Activist Wrote Letters Criticizing Rouhani’s Failure to Protect Citizens
Iranhumanrights.org - Hengameh Shahidi, a reformist senior member of the Etemad Melli (National Trust) opposition party, has decried her arrest as part of a crackdown by hardliners on reformists ahead of Iran's upcoming presidential election. In two open letters, she also criticized President Hassan Rouhani, who will be running for re-election on May 19, 2017, for failing to protect citizen's rights.
Amnesty - British-Iranian charity worker Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe is suffering with severe arm, neck and back pain and needs urgent hospitalization. An appeal court has upheld her five-year prison sentence for the charge of "membership of an illegal group" in connection with her work with the BBC and Thompson Reuters Foundation.
Amnesty - Iranian human rights defender and writer Golrokh Ebrahimi Iraee, sentenced to six years in prison for writing a story about the cruel practice of stoning, was rearrested on Sunday and the judicial review of her conviction is being illegally blocked, said Amnesty International today.
Telegraph - A British mother being held in an Iranian prison has been told she can either keep her two-year-old daughter with her in jail or give up custody.
- Iran: Further Information: Allow jailed mother visits from her daughter: Nazanin Zaghari Ratcliffe
- Iran: Further information: Anti-death penalty activist violently arrested: Atena Daemi
- Imprisoned Human Rights Activist to Sue IRGC Agents for Violent and Illegal Arrest
- Supreme Court to Review Case of Ailing Political Prisoner
- Supreme Court Agrees to Review Political Prisoner’s 10-Year Prison Sentence
- Iran: Prisoner denied treatment for filing a complaint: Maryam Akbari Monfared
- Iran’s Prosecutor General Tries to Link Imprisoned Rights Activist With “Evil Triangle” of Nuclear Deal
- Political Prisoner Remains Jailed Two Years After Family Posts $362,000 Bail Amount
- In Unprecedented Public Plea MPs Call on Judiciary to Reverse Narges Mohammadi’s Prison Sentence
- A political prisoner is challenging Iranian state impunity while serving a 15 year sentence
Page 1 of 23